Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chocolate, our everlasting love

Today I went browsing through Target's candy aisles, expecting massive sales of what was leftover of Valentine's day goodies. Surprisingly enough there was less than a dozen pieces of chocolate left.

I managed to spot this striped package peeking out behind a bag of gummy candies.

Photobucket

I scanned the barcode to figure out the price, and at 99 cents it was hard to beat. It came up as Man Chocolate which made me giggle. And c'mon: Milk Chocolate & Cake batter?! Had to try it.

Photobucket

Conclusion: this is absolutely amazing and I wish there was a second bar. I was hoping to score one for the lovely Ms. Elizabeth Goodspeed!

Which also reminded me... I'd love to handle the branding and illustration of a candy company. How amazing would that be? If i didn't just start making chocolates myself. I think I'll do that, if even just to send to my fellow chocolate loving friends.


I love quirky chocolate flavors that go beyond adding just nuts.

If you're near a Target, go see if they have any of these bars left!

6 comments:

  1. Some of the best things I have ever discovered was inside the candy aisle of Target! This chocolate bar looks and sounds like a dream come true - I will definitely be on the lookout for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Go hunt one down! I also once had a really great dark chocolate bar w/ an espresso truffle inside by Choxie. I think that's their exclusive brand.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could remember the name of the brand, but once I found a fancy chocolate bar that was flavored with Earl Grey! SO. TASTY. And the packaging was amazing enough that I stuck it in a drawer to save forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a chocolate earl grey bar! I have yet to pick one up. I'll keep my eyes open for one next time I'm chocolate shopping.

      Delete
  3. at trader joes now they have little chocolate bars that are buttercream frosting filled! !! they have been reading my dream wish list. i'm vegan, but just knowing that it exists is enough.

    btw hi i love your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm! i'll have to make a voyage to trader joe's, because that sounds dreamy. thanks for telling me!

      hello!

      Delete